That's ice cube for the uninitiated. Lea started saying that last night. She's always been good at saying and playing with Ice. But eye boob was new. At the 18 month check up the nurse practitioner, Faith (who we like very much) was blown away at how many words Lea know. Dan said about 50 and Faith said that is what she expects by 2 yrs! So that got me thinking, and I sat down and wrote all the words I could think... I did include Elmo, Earnie, Big Bird, etc, but did not include animal sounds such as Moo, Meow, and Vrrrp (with one arm raised means elephant). I came up with 82 and I keep remembering others. Eye boob was not on the list. So if I can't brag on my blog, where can I brag? The kid has a great vocabulary. Eye Boob included.
Lea also has initiated play, which I love. She just starts to woof, meow, rib-bit and make elephant noise and I guess what animal she is. Its so adorable and creative. I really value the difference between her making an animal sound when I ask for it and her coming up with the idea to pretend she's a cat. She is becoming a good pretender. She pretends to lick the plastic ice cream she got for Christmas. That's adorable. I'll have to take a video if I can get her to do. She's so funny. She also pretends to run the water at her play kitchen and push buttons on the play microwave.
Water... she'd grow gills if she could. She always wants waDER or water. She wants it in a cup so she can drink it, pour it into another cup or generally spill it. We got her a step stool so she can stand at the sink and brush her teeth and wash her hands. We spend about 40 seconds brushing teeth and 40 MINUTES pouring water from cup to cup, bathing pooh and piglet and generally seeing how much water we can get away with splashing out of the sink. Lea loves the waDER! But if given a task she's very focused. I have a humidifier in her room because she's had a cough for about a week. So I take a pitcher of water into her room to fill it. This was a battle because Lea wanted to play in the water until I figured out to give her a measuring cup with a bit of water in it and we both go fill the humidifier. Lea even gets to pour her water in the humidifier, then we take our empties back to the kitchen. I'm happy I didn't have to get frustrated at Lea splashing in the humidifier and Lea has a visible sense of accomplishment. She is a GREAT helper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment