Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bowling with Teresa

We took Robert and Teresa bowling for Teresa's birthday (its not until Aug. 31, but we'll be on vacation in sunny Myrtle Beach!) We had a blast! We went up to a place called Strikz in Frisco.

We bowled, we ate, we played games.Everyone seemed to have a really good time. Lea was in heaven rolling balls, playing with Teresa.
Lea and Teresa at the bowling alley

Teresa's awesome rental shoes.


I actually won a game of bowling. I don't think I've ever beat Dan before.

Even Lea did pretty well. Of course she had the benefit of bumpers. This bowling alley had them come up automatically when it was Lea's turn. Pretty cool and high tech. They also had a metal frame that helped Lea bowl. She put the ball up and pushed it down a ramp. She did pretty well. Although when I helped her I forgot to move the metal stand for the second frame and the ball would inevitably go right through the hole the first ball left. Bright, Mommy!
Dan helps Lea bowl with a metal frame made just for kiddos.

The group shot.

After bowling we played a few games. It was half price day at the arcade so we got WAY too many credits, but we had fun with reckless abandon. Daddy's favorite was Deal or No Deal and ended up with a pile of tickets. I liked the snowmobile game. Lea and Teresa and Robert all played a car race game, but Lea ended up going the wrong direction.
Here is Lea at the Wack-a-mole

And we ended up with 358 tickets. I bargained with the ticket taker to get us 2 bears (valued at 200 tickets each) so that Lea and Teresa could have matching bears. Teresa chose purple and Lea chose yellow (until the way home when she said she wanted purple like Teresa, but now she's happy with yellow.)
Lea and Teresa show off their prize matching bears. You can really see how tired Lea is here. She went full tilt for hours and didn't even crash on the way home. She took a long time (two stories plus) to wind down in bed.

Teresa got Lea a glow stick that she played with the whole way home.We told Lea it was magic and explained that the magic would only last one day. Tomorrow her glow stick would just be a stick. Sad, but true.
Mommy won "Happy Feet" from a digital roulette like game. I then spent $5 trying to win another more desirable movie to no avail, but it could have been worse. We could have gone home with Vin Diesel's "The Pacifier"
Video of bowling. Link here if it doesn't work

No comments: