Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baseball with Lea

I wanted to do something a little different when I came home from work today, so we played baseball. It was so fun. Sadly we marked the end of summer by taking our pool down, but that left the most perfect square for a tiny baseball diamond. We set paving stones out (we won't teach our 3 year old to slide yet) as bases and set up the T-ball set Lea got for her birthday. Dan sat as umpire/audience cheering us both on. Lea would hit the ball and run AROUND the bases. Dan thought it was so funny that Lea never touched the bases, but I was pleased she (usually) went the right way round the bases. We simplified the rules a bit. It was "whoever hits the ball runs around the bases." The other person runs and gets the ball and tries to get the batter out. But for us the only way to get the batter out was to tag Home plate. We kept the rules simple for Lea. Surprise, surprise, she beat Mommy 5-3. But I have to admit I didn't put my all into it. Plus we had a golf break in the middle of the game. So for a rather unathletic family a evening of "base-golf-ball" was something pretty different. And pretty darn fun!

No comments: