My boss Rick was kind enough to give Dan and I his season ticket holder passes to a Stars Open House. We got to see the arena, have photos with players and skate. By the time we got to the arena the lines were pretty long (some even closed, like Modano and Turko) so we didn't fight the crowds for pictures.Dan surprised me with a fun Lea trick. He had taught her a new phrase. He'd say "What are you going to say when you see a hockey player?" She'd say "Put the biscuit in the basket!" It was so cute. Unfortunately, we didn't see any hockey players. Like I said we didn't wait in the lines, so those poor guys will never know how cute our kid is!
If however we had waited in line we would have been in the Brad Richards (whom I referred to last year as Rocket Richards) and Loui Eriksson. This could have been our Christmas card this year. Oh well...

What we did wait in line for was getting skates. They were all out of the big sizes, so Dan didn't get to skate. I wore skates that were about 2 sizes too small. Lea was having a blast. She'd never skated before, and I guess Dan hasn't either so we will soon be going over to the Plaza of Americas or Galleria or something for a family skating day soon!
When Lea and I talked later, during our nightly 5 questions... an extension of 5 things. First we ask 5 questions, then we do the 5 things we can do. Its a great way to break down the day. The questions range from "What was your favorite part of today?" to "What is ice made out of?" So... we did 5 questions, and one of my questions to Lea was "What did we do on ice today?" Her response, not Skate like I was looking for "We falled!" Yes, indeed we did fall. As we walked to the ice I told Lea I was sure we were going to fall and she didn't believe me. But she did take a tumble or two. Not too bad since she had Daddy to hold on to. He went out with his shoes on and we made it about half way around the skating area (which was only half ice anyway) when a supervisor asked him to leave. He had to take Lea because I didn't feel steady enough to save both of us. Lea didn't like that idea. There were tears. I made my way all the way around the ice, with one stop to sit on the bench... a cool feeling. The whole experience was pretty cool to skate out there and imagine thousands of people watching and cheering. Well if they were watching me, it would be thousands laughing, but I got the idea. It was a cool thing to do.
Then it was off to tour the locker room, which Dan wasn't to interested in. He said he'd seen (and smelled) men's locker rooms before... when it was over he said "Ok, the locker rooms I was in were nothing like that." They were pretty posh. Carpeted and luxurious. But the only thing that inspired me to take a picture was the shower area because of the crazy number of product on the counter... look at all that manscaping goo. A far cry from the hockey guys of yesteryear with no teeth and a funky smell.

And finally we showed Lea the seats. Preparing her for her first game which might come this year. We've been concerned about the noise level, but she's not as sensitive as she was last year. She was just interested in running. She ran all the way down and all the way back up. The energy she has is just unbelievable!
And that was our awesome Star's Season Seat Holder event. Thanks Rick!
No comments:
Post a Comment