And so on this the eve of Thanksgiving I'm finally making time to post Halloween pics.
We had a good one. We started early. So early in fact that our pumpkins rotted two weeks before Halloween.
Lea in the market buying $25 worth of pumpkins.But we had fun. We had Teddy, Trevor, Michael and Rus over to carve pumpkins, but the best guest was Wilder. Wilder had a sleep over at our house. Lea and Wilder watching a movie on the floor. Lea wanted to sleep in the living room because I was worried Wilder wouldn't like our "guest bed" (a pack N play with the sides cut out) but he was ready to head for bed before Lea!

I had the bright idea that Lea and Wilder could glue pasta and things on the pumpkins. Well Lea and Wilder just ate the raw pasta, but everyone else made great jack-o-lanterns.
We did actually carve pumpkins.
3 pumpkins

Rus + Pumpkin - with Garlic teeth! That was the most awesome pumpkin. I carved it and Rus finished if off with the garlic teeth.
Wilder/Teddy/Trevor carving
Then next day Lea took the gogglie eyes I had for the little pumpkins and made her own little costume.
Finally it was time for Halloween. Our them was fairies. I was the Tooth Fairy, Lea was Tinkerbell and Dan was the Staten Island Ferry. Brilliant!
The Fairy Family
On Thursday before Halloween we went to a neighborhood carnival at the Rec center down the street. It was really fun. 10 tickets for $1 and only 3 tickets to bounce house. They had a few games like throw the ball through the hole and win some candy... but really it was about the bounce house. There were some little girls who were in awe of my dress. One little girl would run up and tell me her brother lost a tooth. I wanted to say, "Don't you understand, I'm no more the tooth fairy than your brother is Batman." But instead, I basked in the glory of being the bell of the fairy ball. One mom actually asked if she could take her daughter's picture with me. That was pretty cool.
Then on Friday, Halloween we went out the Richardson to a kids party that we've been lucky enough to be invited to for all the years of Lea's life. We trick or treated with Pam, Andrew, Anna and Molly, as well as a new friend Faith. The party started out with a pot luck and kids playing. We wandered off to trick or treat. The girls were great this year with just the right excitement and innocence. And they got super candy!
Tinker Bell running off to Trick or Treat

Tinkerbell and Tooth Fairy after Tricks or Treats

Trick or Treating with Anna

Lea, Faith and Anna on the porch checking out their candy.
ToothFairy holding sticks I dragged for half a block in my skirt.

Then at the end of Trick or Treats we ended at the Joel and Cheryl Brown's house (The Brownies as Pam calls them). They had a small haunted house in their garage that there son wanted to escort the smaller girls through.


Lea went through once, but wouldn't go all the way through the second time. It was just a maze of black plastic with a skeleton or two and Cheryl dressed as a witch with puch or "witches brew" that Lea wouldn't drink.
The next night was our grown up party. Lea stayed with Grandma. We had a fine time. Sherry was in town for almost a week and a half and a good time was had by all. I mention this mostly because I crafted Sherry's Medusa dress by draping yards of fabric we bought the day before and it turned out damn well. Sherry had awesome snakes in her hair and cool green makeup. I had nothing to do with that, but still... the whole thing together was pretty cool.
Sherry as Medusa

And while we're on the topic of cool stuff I made for Halloween, here is a close up of the teeth I sculpted from Crayola Model Magic (or marshmallow fluff clay as Dalton calls it). I sat in an epic meeting at work sculpting teeth. I kept saying it was the most productive meeting of the year. Tinkerbell and Tooth Fairy after Tricks or Treats
Trick or Treating with Anna
Lea, Faith and Anna on the porch checking out their candy.
ToothFairy holding sticks I dragged for half a block in my skirt.
Then at the end of Trick or Treats we ended at the Joel and Cheryl Brown's house (The Brownies as Pam calls them). They had a small haunted house in their garage that there son wanted to escort the smaller girls through.
Lea went through once, but wouldn't go all the way through the second time. It was just a maze of black plastic with a skeleton or two and Cheryl dressed as a witch with puch or "witches brew" that Lea wouldn't drink.
The next night was our grown up party. Lea stayed with Grandma. We had a fine time. Sherry was in town for almost a week and a half and a good time was had by all. I mention this mostly because I crafted Sherry's Medusa dress by draping yards of fabric we bought the day before and it turned out damn well. Sherry had awesome snakes in her hair and cool green makeup. I had nothing to do with that, but still... the whole thing together was pretty cool.
Sherry as Medusa
No comments:
Post a Comment