Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Name is Lea

Well there is much to post from Christmas, but if I wait for that I'll never post anything new.

Here's the exciting new news! Lea can write her name. Spurred by a very complicated application process to a Montessori program through the DISD Dan has been teaching Lea to write her name. This is what I received when I got home from lunch today!


This is an attempt to recreate circles in every color, a drawing I made famous by putting on a CD label of Lea's favorite music. We lost Grandma's copy and ever since she's been telling me she'd draw it again to put on a CD. She doesn't understand I would just print out the computer file. Very sweet. But her name! She wrote her name! I wrote the date. We haven't worked on numbers yet. Although she does know if she writes the "L" wrong that sometimes it looks like a 7.

Then I got a person. This is a face with eyes, mount, arms and legs... She doesn't have the body part down, but yesterday on aqua doodle I got a face with eyebrows!

Lea tried to write her name here, but got messed up and kept putting letters in differen places. It actually kind of looks like "Alien" and ... well the picture does look a little alien-like.

Here is the Aquadoodle person. Look eyebrows! And eyes with dots in them. Still no body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big day!!!
Her person has a happy face....that is indicative of a happy girl!!
Amy