Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A visit from the Tooth Fairy


Lea lost her first tooth on January 12. I came home and she was excited to show me the wiggliness. I thought she would enjoy wiggling it for a day or two, but no... not our little linear thinker. As we got ready for bed she told me how much it was annoying her. I told her to enjoy wiggling it and not think about it. I went to take a shower, came out and Dan and Lea were perched in the bathroom extracting the tooth. Neither of them are very good at waiting. Dan took a piece of dental floss, wrapped it around the base of the wiggly tooth and began to tighten. He talked to Lea and I guess she didn't even notice when it popped right out. Then the blood came. That worried her for a bit, but rinsing and patting it with gauze and finally we were ready for bed.

I had our tooth pillow all set and ready. It is actually the tooth pillow I used when I was a kid and I think it matches a bedroom set I got from my great grandmother, Peggy. I love handing down special things from special people! 

In went the tooth. Asleep went the girl. Some time in the night the tooth fairy came and left Lea $1. 

She used the money to buy ice cream at lunch. I don't think the tooth fairy would approve... I know the dentist wouldn't. 

Now one of Lea's many talents is fitting a straw in between her teeth.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the tooth fairy approves of ice cream. It generates business!

Dan