Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A rare post more about Mommy & Daddy than Lea

Last weekend was Dan & my 6th anniversary. It was listed as sugar/iron anniversary so... I got a cast iron pan FULL of kit cats and Dan got a bucket full of 3 pounds of kisses and I took him to hit 5 irons. We went to this super place called Top Golf where you get to shoot at targets and keep score on the diring range. The balls are all digitally encoded with your info and it tracks what targets you hit, etc. It was so much fun we were there for like 4 hours (5 games + lunch). A wonderful way to spend a beautiful fall day.



That evening we had our traditional grown up party. My friend Sherry even came back to town (she's been in DC for almost a year). We had a fantastic time.
Sherry & Teddy

This is my wig form... our house gargoyle comes in handy.

Good ol' Captain Dan and his catch of the day — I won second place at our work costume contest. I wore that costume ALL day long. I'll post trick or treating photos as soon as possible.

And because you've been reading along thinking... hey you haven't mentioned your beautiful daughter in several paragraphs... what's that about, are you having a real grown up life? Tee hee... well yes we had a great weekend while Lea went to grandma's. Here is a beautiful photo of my cutie pie.

And in case you didn't feel you'd seen enough of Lea, here are what I believe will become the bearskin rug photos of our family... naked pumpkin carving. Lea had a touch of the tummy flu which caused a very bad bottom rash. So we had been trying to give her some open air therapy and it just so happened we carved pumkins.
Lea was a great help getting the seeds out. I think she had fun.

Lea loved to sit on the big pumkin. Even after Dan had cleaned it out, she still tried to sit on it which caused some problems.


I tried to wear the kitty ears so I could fulfill the "you're a cat" part of the bargin, but Lea wanted to wear them more than me so she got ot be a bare bottom cat.


The final product: Lea wanted triangle eyes and a triangle nose. I carved the narrow pumkin and Dan carved the one with the curl on the forehead. Good times.

No comments: