There was a duck who was very used to getting fed. The duck was not shy, but fortunately also not aggressive. He just kind of followed us around and we refused to feed him until we left.
Lea and I gathered acorns and rocks for her to throw from the bow of the boat.
The actual boat ride was very choppy. The wind had picked up and made for some rough rowing in some parts. Dan taught me where on the lake coast was protected so we stayed in calmer waters. We traveled along the bank where we saw numerous turtles and birds. We moored the boat and had a picnic — Lea's favorite part! And then paddled back to the truck. It was a very fun day.
However, that night we had some problems. Like I said the water was much more choppy than the first time we went out and I remember my first canoe ride with Dan oh so many years ago (10? 11?) I could feel the motion of the boat when I closed my eyes to sleep. We think Lea experienced this because that night she had what she described as a scary dream. It was not a run of the mill scary dream. She was hysterical and would not allow us to put her back the crib. Lea and I ended up sleeping on the couch from 5am to 7am when Daddy picked her up and was able to put the sleeping babe back to bed. She couldn't be specific, but something scared her. It was only that night, fortunately for all.
Where are we going?
Quack like a duck!
No comments:
Post a Comment