Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas was fantastic. A lovely 4 day weekend with lots of family. Christmas Eve we went to Tuba Christmas in the middle of the day. We rode the DART train downtown to watch 200 tubas play Christmas carols. One tends to think, "200 Tubas, hmm.. umpa and really loud!" Well, it was beautiful. All the carols they did were magnificant and beautiful.

We had cocoa with Able, Mia, Leo and Donna (Ann's mother) and Ann showed up near the end, getting off work early. Then train ride home and a nap before our big day.
Christmas eve evening was our big dinner and family day. Grandpa Dan, Aunt Teresa and Robert came over about 3 to a groggy, freshly napped, but excited Lea. We put on our Christmas dress and had a wonderful pork dinner.


Then went straight into opening presents, and its a good thing we started early because we weren't done until like 8pm!
It was so much fun. Everyone took turns opening presents and I think we were all very pleased, I know I was was thrilled with all my wonderful presents.
I got a rug for the kitchen that brightens up the whole house! I got many other wonderful things too and I appreciate them all, but this one got a photo taken.

And Lea was sweet, she was as interested in running around helping everyone else open their present as opening her own. Here is Lea helping Teresa with Teresa's new lip gloss.

Lea got some great toys and treats and clothes. The cutest bunny slippers in the whole world from Grandpa!

And I showed my love for Dan by getting him 5 lbs of Chinese BarBQ sauce. He had fun putting it in the squeeze bottles! Odd present, but he seemed to love it!



A set of tools and a tool bench were one of the big hit presents. I was very pleased with my well rounded child who got tools, cars and a tea set! Here is Lea and her tool bench...






No comments: