We got to the parade about half an hour early and had a stellar spot. Ann and Able brought a blanket and have a great system for getting to the parade. We chatted and played a bit while we waited and finally the excitement began.
Lea and I shared antlers and wore funny hats. Even Daddy eventually put on a pair of antlers.
We saw many dressed up characters riding in cars or floats that we knew from TV. We waved at Clifford the Big Red Dog and Arthur and Strawberry Shortcake, even a pudgy world weary Pooh Bear. And there were balloons — giant balloons. Here is Curious George coming down the street. There was also the Grinch (which Lea, I think thanks to Daddy, calls "The Party Pooper" — She and Daddy watch Charlie Brown, The Grinch and Shrek the Halls about 4 times a day!)
Lea was amazed by much and so cute when I'd suggest she'd wave, she'd wave like crazy. It was all very impressive to her, but then she'd turn around to me and say, "What are we going to see next?"
And finally Santa came. The big Santa balloon was more impressive than the real guy at the parade. The real Santa, who I had hyped since Thanksgiving, was kind of hidden on a giant float with a rocketship. I originally missed him until Dan or Able pointed him out and then he'd already passed, so I was trying to make sure Lea had seen him. She was satified though I think. Now she's ready to see the big guy in preson and ask for her tricycle.
Here is a bit of video at the parade as the "Party Pooper" comes down the street. Her wave was so adorable to me. She waved with such conviction and passion it warmed my heart. I had such a great time watching her at the parade.
Waving at the Parade
No comments:
Post a Comment