Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daddy's Birthday

On this, the eve of Mommy's birthday I figured I better get a picture of Daddy's birthday up so it doesn't look like I give myself preferential treatment... which I guess I do.
But we love Daddy! And we showed it this year with a giant cookie!



Lea and I made it together. Here is a great picture of us baking. It is from January's cupcake making, but we were just has happy in our aprons making Daddy's cookie.



I had the bright idea to use gel food color on the cookie. I thought they were frostings, but no, just straight food color in a gel form. It made all our mouths blue. Lea laughed and laughed. "Grandma, your tongue is blue!" You can kind of see Daddy's blue tongue here. But all our mouths were pretty rainbow colored. Lea even had some odd tiny spot of blue up by her ear for almost a week! I scrubbed, I promise, it just wouldn't come off. It was her birthday dot!







Dan got a new computer with help from Grandpa Dan and Grandma Lynn. Thanks so much! Dan loves his new speedy machine and while I'm sure he'd love to spend hour after hour at it, he's been very prudent in his game time. Thanks to everyone that helped make it possible and thanks Daddy!

No comments: