Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy


I had a wonderful birthday, a birthday week, more like. That's how I like it!
Dan and I got to go to dinner on our own on Tuesday while Grandma babysat. We went to seafood dinner and then Trader Vic's where I had an original Mai Tai. Yummy and strong. Well more strong than yummy, but I was feeling warm and fuzzy as we left. Then Wednesday we all went to dinner, Grandma, Lea, Dan, me and Michael Hopens. We went to a Chinese restaurant I'd never been to, BoBo China. Very tasty. I got super presents from Lea, Dan and Grandma, as well as generous gifts from Grandma JoAnn, Grandpa Dan and Grampy. Everyone gave me super stuff. Thanks so much! On my actual Birthday the great people at work decorated my desk, treated me to lunch, gave me flowers and other super gifts.

It was a great day. Dan and Lea made grilled burgers for me.
Then Dan and I got to spend the weekend on our own. Lea stayed Saturday and Sunday night with Grandma. No special plans, just a short stint remembering what an sad empy life we had watching TV and eating on the couch before monkey. Its a nice quiet couple of days, but we miss the pitter patter of little feet at 7am. It would be awful to go back to sleeping until 11am on Sunday, like I did this morning, tee hee. Seriously, how did we fill all our time before Lea?

With all the decorations and presents, Lea had as much fun on Mommy's birthday as Mommy did. We invented a new game, rescue the balloon. Mommy or Daddy pretend to let go of the baloon and Lea rescues the balloon. A pretty fun little game that Lea does not tire of.

No comments: