
We'll give blogging a try.
Check out www.babysites.com/sites/leannette for the latest baby update. I know I've ignored it for so long, many of you are jaded, but I promise it's new, with new photos and an update.
I guess what I didn't say there was about our very scary car ride in June. We went to help my mom move from Arkansans and while hauling her big brown van (once known to Gavin and I as "the party van" because we drove it to Houston on occasion and it was so huge we felt we could bring the whole party home with us) we had an accident. While going around a cloverleaf highway interchange we jack knifed and it was very scary. Thanks to Dan's expert driving skills we were all fine, but it was very scary. Dan's dad was following us and he said it was even more frightening watching and being helpless to do anything. Thank God we were all ok. There were so many things we kept saying we'd do differently, but I said if one thing had been different perhaps the out come also would have been different. That whole "Everything happens for a reason." So we're just thankful we're ok, and despite some cosmetic damage to the truck and van we got home in once piece.
As for our 4th of July, Lea and I spent it with my mom who has just moved to Emory. I worked pretty hard unpacking and all, but its worth it. I'm so excited to have mom here and her place is so beautiful and peaceful.

But it rained here on the actual 4th, so we put off going to see fireworks in favor of haning with friends sipping some peach wine (thanks to fresh peaches from Dan's dad and Linda!). I did see the tips of fireworks over the trees. I was a little bummed, but it will be more fun next year when Lea is scared out of her gord with the kaboom and kapow!
Well that's it for the first post. Adding photos is not so much easier so I don't know if this one will stick, but we'll give it a go.
No comments:
Post a Comment