Monday, July 10, 2006

Watching Big Big World

This is Lea wearing her 4th of July outfit (I think it was actually Flag Day, though). I'm trying to get her dancing or clapping to Big Big World - her favorite PBS show. She gets very excited when the big sloth sings.



Lea and I sat at the back door yesterday and watched the rain. Yes for those of you not in Texas, it actually rained in July! It actually rained 4th of July too to put a damper on our fireworks watching, but perhaps that's a story I've told. So Lea sat in my lap getting a few raindrops splashed on her watching the rain hit the sidewalk. She seemed facinated and I certainly enjoyed it. Until however our retractable screen door snapped shut when Lea touched it... that sent her into crying fits, as it scared her pretty bad. It was time to shut the door and put the rain away for another time. Until then, however, it was a rather peaceful few moments.

Overall the weekend however sucked. Lea had a tummy bug on Thursday (so she didn't get her birthday picture taken) and Mommy got it Saturday and was down for the count. Daddy had it most of saturday night and sunday, but was able to play through the pain for mama and baby. Without him we'd be huddled on the floor starving to death. Yeah dad! But we all seem fully recovered and Lea's photo shoot has been rescheduled.

1 comment:

The Scotts said...

So glad to see you on Blogger and THANKS SO MUCH for filling me in on the youtube.com to Blogger video options. Mine and Jerry's families will be ecstatic! Mwah to little Lea.