Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fishing at Tawakoni

Well there is much I've missed on this blog. I've got many pics and videos to catch up on. But for now we're spending a weekend at Grandma's in Emory and I only have access to this weekends pics. We went out to the state park, and while due to the low water levels it wasn't quite what we expected, we ended up finding a small pond where the fish wouldn't bother us and we had a great day.
Lea loved throwing rocks in the water and playing with bubbles. We had a really nice day. I appologize for the wind noise.





And a brilliant little girl gives her best shot at the alphabet. She misses a few, but gets them all in the right order! Oh and then is distracted by the ball bobber, but gives a big finish!



Lea enjoyed ... well there's not much better of a word than torture for what we did to that worm, but Lea enjoyed it and worm lived and we set him free in the marsh. He lucked out better than the worms that hit the hooks. No fish, but the worms didn't come back either. It was a great day for us, but a bad day to be a worm! hee hee The worm was in one of the tubs of water and she would pour it from one to the other. I would get the worm out of the water a couple times so she could see him move and the worm headed for cover under the bowl. We left him to rest there for a bit and then Lea would pick up the bowl and say "peek" I think the worm was thrilled to play peek a boo. Then Lea would say "mommy" and point at the worm, which meant "mommy pick up the worm and put him in the water so I can send him back on the worm slalom ride!"
Lea also got her shoes muddy. She was ok with that until she got mud on her toe and then our prim little thing pointed at her toe and said "ouch" I tried to explain the mud didn't hurt, but she wasn't happy until I brushed the dried mud off her big toe. She's a real outdoorsie type! She did enjoy holding grandma's fishing pole, but mostly she liked dipping the tip in the pond.








No comments: