Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Making up for lost time. Snapshots of March...

I did this backwards! The oldest photos are on the top right now and the newest are 3 posts down.
But here's a glimpse of our March.
One day that I had Lea all to myself while Dan was visiting his dad in the hospital (he is well on the mend now after a ruptured appendix and 3 weeks in the hospital). But while we had a girls day out I did Lea's hair. Our first sucessful ponytail attempt.






Then we had a great weekend of St. Patricks day. We went to the parade with some friends, including Wilder (3 month's younger than Lea) They were so adorable. Wilder wore his clan's tartan kilt. Very handsome! Lea on the other hand wore beads, a belly shirt (unintentional, she just kept showing her belly) and some styling glasses. Lea enjoyed much of the parade, but this first photo shows that she was a bit overwhelmed when we got there and the first thing that passed us was a fire truck with sirens at full blast. She did however get into the spirit with lots of beads and hands outstretched for more more more!












March then brought some sad days for us. I lost my Uncle Bud... to many Uncle Don, but to me Uncle Rat Fink. He was a fabulous and fun man. While he had been sick and through a lot for a long long time, he seemed invincible and continued to overcome all that afflicted him. So losing him was hard. Mom, Dan, Lea and I drove to Minnesota and for a funeral trip, we still had a nice visit with Dave, Marie & Joe. Lea would say Joooooooe! He became Lea's battle cry. We had a very nice dinner at Nye's Polonaise... a Polish steak house with gold sparkly booths and waitresses with seniority. Its got a beautiful 60s charm. What you might call "A real classy joint." You can see Lea liked it. It got a thumbs up from her!




On another weekend, we dressed up to go to the park one day. Not mom's brightest idea, wearing a dress to the park, but Lea made due. Its a great park with pea gravel that Lea loves to pour from one cup to another. Its also got lots of alcoves and wooden structures to hide and climb. This dress was bought for $1.50 at a consignment sale. It is so cute and retro 70s. I'm sure I had a dress just like it. I guess she should have worn it to Nye's to fit in with waitresses!


Is this not the absolute best photo! Like Mom, how do you work this thing? She has a digital camera that blew its circuit board or something, so she get to pretend to take pictures. She'll even say "click" But what a face!



And finally a recent photo (be sure to keep looking below because I've posted 3 posts today!) But this is at a birthday party for a 3 year old named Anna Harris. We had ice cream and got to tie dye shirts. Lea got messier eating cake than she did with the dye! Her tongue was blue all day from frosting! What a grin!

No comments: