Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A couple fun weekends





Can we go outside, can we, can we, huh? This was while having a play date with Wilder. Judy and her granddaughter Dylan came over too and they all wanted to go outside, but it was raining/mosquitoing so we were styaing inside. There was not as much pining to go outside as this photo illustrates, but it was too adorable not to lead with.

Dylan is 4 and she was enjoying playing with Lea, the living doll. Dylan asked Lea to sit in her lap and Lea liked the idea for a while. It was very cute. They held hands and played ball together. There seemed to be some instictive thing that deterred her from holding hands with that boy, Wilder. hee hee. When Dylan can't remember Wilder's name she calls him "that boy" so we were laughing about that. They were all very cute together and played a lot of catch and drums and other toys.

It looks as though Wilder was upset about not getting his hand held by the girls ;)





The weekend before Grandma and I took Lea to buy shoes at Stride Rite. We had a gift certificate from last birthday that we figured we better use. Also Lea in one swoop grew out of all most all of her shoes.

I remember vividly going with my great grandma to buy shoes at Stride Rite in Southdale mall (Mom, am I right about the mall?). There was this little bridge to walk across so the kid's feet were eye level with the guy trying to measure your feet. The store we went to was not as memorable, but at least we were with Grandma. The poor shoe salesman was patient with us, but Lea was afraid of him, so my mom did most of the measuring.

We got very nice shoes, one pair of leather keds with embroidered butterflies and flower and one pair of black mary janes. Lea loves to put the mary janes on by herself. Well she really loves to put any shoes on by herself, including mommies. I can usually not find the pair of shoes I'm looking for because Lea has wandered into the living room wearing my shoes. She's very good at walking in big girl shoes.


During our afternoon out with Grandma, after shopping, we had lunch at Long John Silver/A&W and Lea got a hat. It was a little big for her.


Lea got a lolly at the bank before coming up to get mom at work.




And our little t-shirt angel. Lea in one of my night t-shirts. The U of Deleware from Aunt Kaitlin, but inside out. When I wear it she tells me there is a "D" on it. If I run out of time, perhaps I'll make Lea a ghost for halloween and just put her in this shirt, hee hee. In the one shot she looks like a statue of an angel to me. Of course I always think she's my little angel!








Before bed Lea wanted to read in the rocking chair all by herself. This would have made a beautiful silhouette, but I couldn't get my new camera to do it.

No comments: