Then at bed time she was unusually rambunctious. The back story... there's always back story... Lea loves to lunge herself into her clothes closet onto a trunk we have under her hanging clothes. She "hides" her head in the back of the closet doing a superman flying pose on the trunk. She's done this for a while and was doing it repeatedly that night and I was trying to get her to settle down for story time. She tiptoed past me doing a little beat to herself "do da do da do" (she occationally beatboxes a little jazz beat like drums played with brushes when she walks in the pool or tiptoes) so she's tiptoeing right in front of me like she's getting away with something and I asked "Where are you going" and she leans toward me and whispers "closet" and continues on tiptoing until she gets near the closet when she launches herself into her hidey hole. It was so adorable! We finally got storytime done and in bed, but she was wound up!
Perhaps she is wound up because its been so long since she's played outside. We've had rain 19 out of 30 days in June and today, the first day of July it is raning on and off all day. Our lawn is an overgrown jungle swamp! Well I exagerate as you can see in these photos its not THAT bad. Our neighbor got a sign stuck in her yard saying "Mow or else." We're not to that stage yet. So we had a brief respit between rain showers yesterday and here are some new pictures and videos. I am embarking on what promises to be a long drawn out camera hunt. I returned camera one for camera two and I'm still not happy. So much for doing reasearch making you decision easy. I did a lot of research, but until I see how it works in real life I just can't pick the right one! Onward through the fog as my dad used to say!
BTW... in the above photos it had rained earlier in the day and as soon as we came in it began to thunder and rain again!
Also pictured below is Lea with crayons and stickers. She loves to "write." And stickers... oh stickers are a special joy. Not pictures was Mommy with stickers all over her face, that Lea put there. Then Lea looks at me after she's put a sticker on my nose, and two on each cheek and says "Silly." Yes, Mommy is silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment