Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Jingle All the Way

Last Night was Lea's Christmas Choir program called "Jingle All the Way." There was much last minute rehearsal and preparation.



Dan and I created the set for the production. Not much time, but for a simple one performance I think we did great. I am especially proud of the North Pole that Dan created at an angle. We had one mom try to straighten it. I loved that it leaned and had snow around it. Then we had the reindeer area with hay and Reindeer Chow.


But the best part was the elves and reindeer and kids that sang their hearts out — at least for the first 3 songs. By Scene 6 there was some distracted wiggly bottoms on stage and off stage - once the audience was asked to participate in making noise it seemed hard to get them to focus again.

My favorite part is in the song "Jingle in My Heart" they sing "Jingle in my right hand, jingle in my left hand, jingle in my head, jingle in my feet, jingle in my knees, jingle in my bottom!" And each line comes with a shake of said body part. Of course Jingle in my bottom was the best! I was too busy watching to get good photos or video.





Our elf had one line and she did great!

And the choir sounded great.

 
For the last two songs, for some reason Lea did not want her elf hat on, even though she looked so cute. Thus the grumpy elf photo after it was over. I was allowed one photo of the hat and this was it. She was only grumpy because she had to put the hat on, otherwise she had a great night.

I guess she might have been happier as a reindeer, but she did great as an elf.

No comments: